I am so very excited to say, We Are OPEN! Yeah!
Starting a new small business has taken much more work then Lindsay or I would have ever imagined. I was listening to an EntreLeadership Podcast (I don't remember who was speaking at this moment) and the speaker said something to the effect that it is God's way of allowing us to start businesses. If we all knew exactly how much work it took, most of us would never even start. We dive in deep and when it seems like it is too much to keep going, the Lord comes to show us the way through.
As it goes, it all started with a dream. Two plus years ago Lindsay and I had a dream of bringing great coffee to Duncan, OK. As of January 2016, we are selling fresh locally roasted coffee and loving it!
There are so many people to thank for helping us get to this point. I am sure I will miss somebody but will try my best to remember them now.
- The Lord has blessed us with so many great friends and family members and surrounded us with His blessing. When we first attempted to launch in Oct of 2014 everyone jumped in and helped pull us out of a bad situation.
- Our dear friends and leaders at KellPro Inc. Tim Keller, James Sorensen, and other team members have provided great jobs, work environment, benefits, and personal support that have enabled us to pursue our dreams in ways we could have never imagined.
- Toby and Lou Baggett who have spent countless hours supporting and counseling us over late night meals and long weekends. Thank you for opening up your lives and home to us.
- Randy and Kara Robinson who provided personal support, direction, and expertise.
- Janice and Steve Skinner with Special Days Cake Boutique who have provided us a space to start our business. Janice and the ladies have been so very patient and giving through this whole process. We are very grateful for their support.
- Jackie Jacobi with Red River Technology Center. She has provided us with so much wisdom, guidance, and accountability as we were planning and starting this business.
- The great folks at Coffee Crafters who make great affordable roasting products. Without them we would not be able to afford to start this business.
- The staff at Zephyr Coffee who took the time to show us how to source beans and build a great product portfolio.
- To Ruth & Alan who personally dedicated many hours to testing, tasting, and critiquing coffee samples and roast profiles.
- To all of our friends and family that sat patiently listening to us dream for hours and hours as we all drank bad coffee until we got it right.
Please forgive me if I have missed someone here. I will continue to update the post as it all comes to us. It has been a long weekend launching this site!
We know it is just a start to a very long journey. Learning, loving, and building each and every day. We thank you all for your support and prayers. We are looking forward to all that is ahead.
Lindsay & Shay Hayes